Drinking Your Christmas Gin
Refreshing and festive drinks to get you in the Christmas spirit.
Out of one of Cam’s favourite family traditions came this fun, festive, complex gin that sings of hot Australian Christmas days spent feasting, drinking and playing cricket.
But one question we’re often asked is how do you drink Australian Christmas Gin?
Well we’re so glad you asked. We love it in the simple but delicious Gin & Ginger (ginger beer or ginger ale, your choice!) or you can drink it neat or even pour it over your Christmas pudding for that extra zing.
If you feel like getting fancy, try mixing up one of our cocktails or get the punchbowl out and get pouring! We also deliver cocktails to Melbourne!
GIN & GINGER
- 45mL Australian Christmas Gin
- 15mL freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 dashes bitters
- Ginger beer or ale (it’s up to you)
- Add gin and bitters to a highball glass over ice
- Squeeze in half a lime and top with ginger beer or ale
- Drop in that squeezed lime as garnish
- 50mL Australian Christmas Gin
- 20mL fresh lemon Juice
- 20mL sugar syrup [1:1]
- Dash of egg white
- ½ apricot, deseeded
- Stir ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass
- Muddle apricot*, then add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and fine strain into a chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish: Splash of bitters on top of the foam
*if you don’t have a muddler, you can use a rolling pin or alternatively blend the apricot into a puree beforehand in a food processor or use a stick blender
- 30mL Australian Christmas Gin
- 100mL coffee, brewed and chilled*
- 10mL Mr. Black Cold Brew Coffee Liqueur
- 1 bar spoon of honey
- 30mL cream, fridge cold
- Stir all ingredients, except cream, and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Float cold cream on top of cocktail using the back of a spoon.
- Garnish: Grated nutmeg
*Filter coffee works well but if using stovetop or pods, lengthen 30mL of coffee with 70mL water and refrigerate to cool
- 700mL Australian Christmas Gin
- 750mL Champagne or sparkling wine
- 700mL soda water
- 500mL Fino Sherry
- 300mL fresh lemon juice
- 300mL sugar syrup [1:1]
- Pour all ingredients, except fizzy stuff, into a punchbowl
- Leave to refrigerate ahead of time – can be done well in advance
- Before serving add fizzy stuff and stir, adding ice and garnish gradually
- Garnish: Passionfruit hulls, orange and lemon wheels, fresh berries, mint
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 500g caster sugar
- 500g room temp water
- Dissolve sugar into water, stirring constantly
- Once dissolved, bottle
Yield: Approx. 750mL