Chardonnay Barrel Gin
Our barrel-aged gins were inspired by an Old Tom style gin from America. There were flavours we had never seen in gin before – toasty oak, a softness on the palate and enough botanicals to be unmistakably gin.
We sipped it neat. We tried it in cocktails. And we wanted to make one of our own. So, we put some Rare Dry Gin into old Chardonnay barrels at the end of 2013. And our Barrel Aged Gin first released in 2014 has now become our tenth release Chardonnay Barrel Gin.
The gin takes the front seat on this playful riff on a Hanky Panky. Minty fresh and a little sweet, the perfect mix for the cooler months.
- 35mL Chardonnay Barrel Gin
- 10mL Lillet Blanc
- 7.5mL Aperol
- 7.5mL Clear Crème de Menthe
- Lemon twist
- Stir all ingredients and strain into a chilled coupette
- Garnish with a lemon twist
A fancy gin highball made of Chardonnay Barrel Gin, pomegranate and salted grapefruit. This is our savoury version of a Rickey.
- 45mL Chardonnay Barrel Gin
- 15mL Pomegranate Grenadine
- StrangeLove Salted Grapefruit Soda
- Add the gin, grenadine and soda to a highball over ice
- Garnish with a wedge of grapefruit
Who said whiskey gets all the serious drinks? This gin may even give the sternest whiskey fan a run for their money. Bold, robust and perfect for cocktail royalty in our version of the Old Fashioned.
- 60mL Chardonnay Barrel Gin
- 5ml Sugar Syrup (1:1)
- 2 Dashes Angostura Aromatic Bitters
- Orange twist
- Stir and strain into rocks over block ice
- Garnish with an orange twist