An Australian Christmas Gin tribute to the iconic Aussie dessert, created by Dave from our distillery.
We put The Pav on as a special in Healesville and everyone went mad for it. Since then we’ve received countless requests for the recipe. The original uses fancy machinery and techniques, but good ol’ Dave has made some tweaks so you can enjoy it all year round.
To assemble the cocktail, we highly recommend using a milkshake maker. It takes a serious amount of shaking to get that nice top layer and a milkshake maker cuts out a lot of the hard work. A cocktail shaker will do but you’ll have to use some serious muscle and shake for an extended period of time to achieve the foamy texture.
- 60mL Australian Christmas Gin
- 60mL strawberry and kiwi cordial*
- 30mL thickened cream
- 20mL lemon juice
- 20mL egg whites
- Soda water
- Passionfruit pulp
- Blitz 3 cubes of ice in a blender
- Place crushed ice and all ingredients in a milkshake maker
- Blitz milkshake maker until ice is inaudible
- Add one spoon of passionfruit pulp and a splash of soda water to a highball glass
- Pour the milkshake tin into the glass
- Add another splash of soda water and garnish with half a spoon of passionfruit pulp
*HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY AND KIWI CORDIAL
If you can’t source cordial, feel free to make your own.
- Equal amounts of fruit, water and caster sugar
- Blitz all ingredients in blender
- Pass through a strainer to remove the solids
The perfect cocktail starts with the perfect gin. Shop our gin now.