Gin sours, four ways
Out of all the gin drinks we’ve ever shaken, stirred or poured at our Healesville Distillery, there’s one cocktail that always comes out on top. A Bloody Gin Sour. In May, the team shook over 600 of them. Which is how our team mantra became: Who needs weights when you’ve got a full cocktail shaker?
So for this year’s release of our 2023 Limited Edition Bloody Shiraz Gin, we put a fizzy spin on this crowd favourite and (very creatively) called it a Winter Fizz. Shake 50mL Bloody Shiraz Gin, 15mL fresh lime juice, 15mL Maraschino liqueur and some egg white or aquafaba over ice. Strain into a Highball glass, top with grapefruit soda and garnish with a lime wheel. What a bloody delight.
What’s that you say? You want more Gin Sour action? Just keep scrolling.
SPICED NEGRONI SOUR
Complex and balanced with a spicy zing, what’s not to love?
• 60mL Spiced Negroni Gin
• 25mL fresh lemon juice
• 15mL sugar syrup
• 10mL Campari
• 15mL egg white
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker
- Shake well and double strain into a coupette
- Garnish with a dried orange slice
YUZU GIN FIZZ
Take your Gin Sour to the next level with the magic of soda water.
- 45mL Fresh Yuzu Gin
- 30mL fresh lemon juice
- 20mL sugar syrup [1:1]
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 egg white [optional]
- Soda water
- Shake gin, lemon juice, sugar syrup, bitters and egg white over ice
- Fine strain into a chilled rocks glass and top with soda water
NOT A GIN FIZZ
Having a break from the drink but still want in on the fizzy action?
- 50mL Bloody Bandwagon
- 20mL fresh lemon juice
- 15mL simple syrup [1:1]
- Dash of egg white
- Soda water
- Shake all ingredients except soda over ice and fine strain into a chilled highball glass
- Top with soda water
- Garnish with some freshly grated nutmeg